Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekend Wrap Party - Food Trucks & Improv

Oh hello, friends! I hope your weekend was wonderful! 

This is the weekend wrap party...I'll share what I did over the weekend & you share what you did. I would love to get to know you better & I thought this may be a great way. Just let me know in the comment section or on the Parties for Pennies facebook page what you were up to! 

We started our entertaining weekend off by seeing Sting at Chastain park on Thursday night. I got the tickets for Mike for his birthday/anniversary present. We were pretty far back but it was still a jaw-dropping performance. 

(This was the highest zoom my camera has ever seen! ;p) 

That night I realized the value of having date nights in a relationship. We needed a night away from work & responsibilities that we were able to be "Mike & Heidi" & date again. It was a really fun night...I love those gifts that you get to benefit from too! ;p 

The rest of the weekend, we celebrated the birthday of one of my bffs, Kauri. Another one of my best friends, Rachael also came, along with Elaine (a friend from college) & Amy (Kauri's close friend & a girl I've loved getting to know). 

(Rachael, Me, Kauri - bday girl, Elaine & Amy) 


The celebrations kicked off at the Atlanta Food Truck park. Most of you in New York or Chicago have  been on the food truck wagon for awhile, but we here in Atlanta are just jumping on & loving every minute of it. 

Most of the girls got some grub from the Sweet Auburn BBQ truck but I had to try the Blaxican truck. It had the longest line so I figured it must be pretty good.  


But Kauri, with all her beauty & charm...



...Got free steak tacos from the Blaxican truck. The guy from the truck made the wrong thing so he picked Kauri out & said...you get some free tacos! I got the tilapia tacos & they were pretty amah-zing! 


After the Food Truck Park, we all went to Whole World Improv Theater. Have you ever been to an improv show before? It is so fun! You get to be a part of the show by giving suggestions. In fact, for one of the skits...they used all of our "life mottos" for the whole thing! 

Here were the "life mottos" we gave (this obviously is a comedy show....not our real life mottos): 

"Sexiness is on the inside." (words of wisom from Kauri) 
"It's been a good date when you don't end up projectile vomiting." (From a real life experience by Elaine...hilarious story) 
"Don't leave home without your spanx." (from me...you never know) 


This was Brian, one of the actors. We had to take a picture of him because he had a bar code tattoo. We had to show our college friend Warren. Long story but it involved a prank (sortof) & I've never seen anyone with a bar code tattoo. 


Talk about something great to look at! ;p He really got into his character & just looking at him I laughed so hard I snorted. I couldn't control myself. (Jenny Ruark...we so wish you could've been there & see this is what you were missing out on!) 


I made this cake for Kauri. It was really good & super easy...a perfect summer dessert. Here's the link to the recipe. It's a Kraft recipe & you use a box of white cake mix & strawberry jello. However...


I would recommend icing the cake then putting it in the fridge to chill for awhile & adding the strawberries at the last minute. I got impatient & they ending up drooping. 


Rachael likes to cheer on her friends when they're attempting to blow out their birthday candles. ;p I love this picture! 


That's what good friends are...they still eat your cake, despite the droopy strawberries. ;p 



The whole weekend was soo fun & I had to show you this card Kauri gave me. She also gave each of the girls a similar one. The top picture is a picture from our freshman year. The bottom one was from the past year. It's so funny because in college I never thought I'd look back & say "what was I thinking wearing that or doing my hair like that." The day has arrived when I definitely am saying that. My friends are still just as gorgeous as in college, though! 


The next morning we made banana pancakes with chocolate chips! Rachael was the star flapjack flipper! 

It was such a refreshing & fun weekend. I cannot tell you how thankful I am for amazing friends. They make me laugh so hard my cheeks hurt, yet they cry with me through struggles. We had a wonderful time at breakfast & Kauri even read a little devotional that really touched each one of us in different ways. 

I hope you had a weekend full of laughter, good grub & encouragement! What did you do this weekend? 

Stop back in this Wednesday for a really fun 4th of July treat! And...still hoping to bring you some big news some time this week. 

p.s. You can now LIKE Parties for Pennies on facebook! Click here.














1 comment:

  1. Whole World Improv is fantastic! I'm surprised there aren't lines out the door every night. Really a top notch show!

    ReplyDelete

Anything you say, can & will be used to enhance this blog. :-) Thank you for your comments! <3