Tuesday, December 20, 2011

That's a Wrap

How are you doing? Feeling overwhelmed? Like you're never going to get it all done? Scared to look at your credit card bill? 

I know the week before Christmas can sometimes be filled with stress, sleepless nights & paper cuts. If that's the case...1) here are some, hopefully, helpful wrapping tips that can save you money & 2) keep reading & there will be something I've included in this post that will help you smile in the midst of the chaos. 

Here is a GREAT tip I found this Christmas. I love to wrap with kraft paper but couldn't find any at Michaels or even general department stores. While Mike & I were enjoying our weekly stroll through Home Depot, I came across a HUGE roll of kraft paper in the paint section. It's for covering things but works great for wrapping presents & it's only $10! I know...that's not dollar store prices but it's HUGE! Like it will last us for 10 years huge! 

Using my Home Depot wrapping paper, I wrapped presents & accessorized with household items. 


Publix produce bags double as a fluffy bow. I just tied several bags around the one wrapped around the gift...trimmed them & fluffed. 


These are all the rage & soo easy!
 I took yarn, wrapped it around four fingers multiple times, tied a small string around the middle then trimmed the ends really short. 


Maybe a little random but I found a "kerr" jar lid in the kitchen & a pack of kleenex...so I made a wreath.  I just wrapped the kleenex around the rim of the lid & secured it by tying some bakers twine around it. 


What did I do with the other part of the Kerr lid?? Painted it with chalkboard paint. I used a hole punch & now I have a reuseable tag!


My husband loves to buy the coke bottles from Costco. They don't have any high fructose corn syrup & they look really cool. I've been stock-piling the tops b/c I knew I could use them eventually. They are the perfect centers to my cupcake flowers. 


Regular Clothespin plus paint, plus tag...done. 

Hope this gave you a few ideas. There's so much you can do with everyday items around the house when wrapping presents. Hope this inspires you to dig through your junk drawer! :-) 

I just wanted to share a few "extras." 

This is a snapshot of our Christmas tablesetting. I didn't spend much money on it & even less time. 


That's scrapbook paper under the gold chargers, Christmas tree trimmings in the vase with a few berry sprigs, dessert plates with glass domes (already had) & gold pears I found for $1. 

AND...


I'm in love. My little snow owl. :-) 
I found him at Cost Plus World Market. It was the last one on the shelf & I just had to have it. It was $9.99, which was a little more than I'd normally want to spend...but I had to have this beauty! 

Next up...our dog...Guinness Stoudt. We had fun with a little photo shoot over the weekend...hope it makes you smile...



And the last one...and my favorite...


Hope you have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS & I can't wait until seeing you next week, when we talk about New Years Eve! 












4 comments:

  1. All the packages are so so pretty! Would love for you to share this at our party going on now http://space46.blogspot.com/2011/12/co-hosting-pinteresting-link-party-week.html. Happy holiday! My

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOOVE IT!!!! I may have to do some of these myself! You are such a talent, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Space 46...I'm on it! Thanks for letting me know! Jenny...Thank you friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all Heidi! The wrapping is so creative & the tablesetting is perfect :) Hope you & Mike have a VERY Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Anything you say, can & will be used to enhance this blog. :-) Thank you for your comments! <3